Greenhouse Product News (GPN) magazine has announced its seventh annual 40 Under 40 rising horticulture superstars in the May issue. The Class of 2018 members were nominated by their peers based on personal and professional accomplishments. These exemplary 24 men and 16 women also are featured online at www.gpnmag.com, and will be honored at a special reception during Cultivate’18, in Columbus, Ohio, in July.
“The 40 individuals in this year’s class represent all of the different disciplines of horticulture, but they all have one thing in common,” said GPN Editorial Director Tim Hodson. “They are the pioneers for the future of our industry.”
The members of the Class of 2018 are:
- Tim Anderson, Walters Gardens
- Brian Austin, Dutch Heritage Gardens
- Anna Mary Barcus, Henry’s Farm & Greenhouses
- Krishna Bhattarai, University of Florida
- Sam Brown, Fiddleheads Garden Center
- Don Caroleo, The Garden Dept.
- Eric Clark, Greenleaf Nursery Company
- Laurie Conlon, Olson Greenhouses
- Garet Dinges, ColorPoint
- Kevin Donnelly, Midwest Trading Horticultural Supplies
- Katie Dubow, Garden Media Group
- Mark Frey, Gulley Greenhouse
- Dylan Fulk, Practical Software Solutions
- Will Heeman, Heeman Greenhouses
- Amy Hoeschel, North Creek Nurseries
- Jordan Holtkamp, Eason Horticultural Resources, Inc.
- Brian Jackson, North Carolina State University
- Shelby Jackson, Carolina Native Nursery
- Tyler Lang, OakBridge Greenhouse
- Jordan Lutes, ColorPoint
- Angela Martin, Metrolina Greenhouses
- Dana Massey, Plantworks
- Maddie Maynor, North Creek Nurseries
- Kyle McKean, Star Roses and Plants
- Josh Miller, Four Star Greenhouse
- Sirekit Mol, Beekenkamp Plants
- Andrew Myers, ProGrowTech
- Gary Nienhuis, Spring Meadow Nursery
- Stacey Noble, Ball Horticultural Co.
- Christina Olivieri, Peace Tree Farm
- Daniel Ortega, Botany Lane Greenhouse
- Lindsay Pangborn, Dümmen Orange
- Yujin Park, Michigan State University
- Patrick Peterson, Bayer
- Mike Richardson, Walla Walla Nursery
- Matthew Ross, Longwood Gardens
- Jennie Smith, Kemin Industries
- Zachary Steeno, Rose Innovations
- Christa Steenwyk, Walters Gardens
- Franz Johann Weding, Schulte's Greenhouse
The Class of 2018 sponsors include: AmericanHort, BioWorks, Dümmen Orange, Nexus Greenhouse Systems, Nufarm and Proven Winners.
For more information on each member of GPN’s 40 Under 40 Class of 2018, visit www.gpnmag.com/40-under-40. Nomination for the Class of 2019 will be available online in November.